I may say, earn money online with affiliate marketing and with CPA, are the same. You get an affiliate link, then someone does an action, such as buying things, filling forms, registering, downloading, etc through the link, you will receive commissions.
But if you are a newbie, I think you should start with affiliate marketing. Because famous CPA networks now require strictly when someone wants to register. If you have no experience in product advertisement, it might be hard for you to be approved.
In this article, I will explain to you some fundamental concepts that you have to remember when you work with CPA. Those already have experience in affiliate marketing can read and practice. Because there are a lot of attractive offers in CPA networks. And, pictures in this article are derived from a famous network, Peerfly.
What is CPA?
CPA (or Cost Per Action) is an advertising model that advertisers pay for every action they receive. Compared to CPC (or Cost Per Click), CPA has a higher commission.
With CPA, you positively earn money through other persons’ services/products. Each service/product is an offer, each offer has its distinguishable features.
- Conversion Point: is a requirement that advertisers give to you if you want to have commission. It means they must receive a certain action from your customers, such as buying things, filling forms, registering, etc.
- Commission: which is given to you when there is a conversion.
- Traffic Source: shows your advertising plans and even countries.
You can use and try different methods to get good traffic, like SEO, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, Adwords, advertisements in other ad networks then select the most optimized method. No one shows you which traffic should be used for which offer.
CPA Earning Money Principles
It is similar to affiliate marketing, CPA is suitable for everyone, everyone can do with it. You will not need any services/products, you completely work freely like other EMO ways.
When you sign up for a CPA network, you can choose thousands of different offers to advertise. Each offer has an affiliate link, your job is popularizing this link. If a customer completes actions as required, which are mainly buying things and filling forms, you will receive a commission.
Join CPA Networks
CPA networks are the third parties of this CPA model. They negotiate with advertisers to provide you attractive offers, so you do not have to find and work directly with advertisers. CPA networks usually have from hundreds to thousands existing offers for you to select.
When you join a CPA network, for each offer, the system will give you an affiliate link. You disseminate this link and receive money when an action is done. The amount of money also depends on what kind of action.
CPA network registration is now more difficult than it was before because CPA networks require very high ability, they will want to know your website, ask your advertising methods or even ask you to have a previous commission from another CPA network before entering their systems.
For example, when you sign up for Peerfly, you will see this:
Or MaxBounty, they ask your past experience in affiliate marketing:
About tips to join CPA easily, you can read these:
- How To Get Accepted By CPA Networks
- Get Into Every CPA Network With Or Without A Webiste
- Everything You Need To Know About CPA Acceptance
Most of the CPA networks want to know all about you and your methods because they have to make sure that you will bring several potential customers for their merchants/advertisers. So, you should show them up all your experience and positive accomplishments.
Each CPA network has its own offers as well, so I advise you to join from 3 to 5 networks. As a result, you may have plenty of offers to choose the proper ones.
Some Offer Examples
In my opinion, two typical examples of an offer are CPS (Cost Per Sale) and CPL (Cost Per Lead).
CPS means you will receive a commission when a customer purchases and pays via your affiliate link. Take Booking.com, for example, they will give you money when someone successfully books and pays through your link.
The commission for this offer in Peerfly is quite huge, it is about $14.25 for each successful booking turn.
Another example about CPS is Nutri O2, it pays you $48 just when someone buys its products through your affiliate link.
CPL means you will have commission after someone fills a form through your affiliate link. Starbucks Gift Card Offer pays $0.4 whenever a person clicks your link and fills some information to Starbucks Gift Cards.
Another example about CPL is Uber, with a higher requirement but higher numbers of commission. When someone fills the form to become Uber’s driver via your link, you still do not get $30 yet until he/she is allowed to be a driver.
Cardinal Information About Offers
There are offers you can get affiliate links immediately, but there are also offers that ask your advertising plan, like this:
Then, you can get affiliate links if they approved the plan. Offer details will show you the necessary information, such as banner, allowed methods, allowed countries, etc.
Some Information To Consider Before Selecting Offers
- EPC (Earnings Per Click): the average amount of money you will receive for every click.
- CR (Conversion Rate): if there are 100 clicks correlative to 5 conversions, so CR is 5%.
- Payout: money you will receive when someone finishes doing an offer. You can select offers that have high payouts due to your plans. For instance, if you use paid traffic like Adwords, Facebook Ads to promote, you cannot select low payouts because you will not have enough money to maintain advertisements.
- Landing Page: must be quite nice and acceptable. You do not definitely want to buy things or register when the website is bad and lack of information, do you?
- Mass Market: you should care about whose offer you are advertising. If you are a beginner, I suggest you choose free offers that could be easily advertised to start with, such as register for free iPads, iPhones, for coupons, free vouchers. Because free offers have very big markets to promote. Once you have done well, you can choose offers with limited markets, high commission. If you could manage target traffic beautifully, you will have good achievements. For example, if you choose to advertise for a handbag design website, your target is just women who care about fashion.
- Allowed Countries: when someone in the allowed countries list does an offer through your link then you may have commissioned. Do not forget this, because a wrong target gives you no profit but wastes your time.
- Allowed And Not Allowed Methods: are usually mentioned to inform you, if you work incorrectly, your account will be banned.
- SOI Offer (Single Opt-in Offer): some offers just need customers to enter their emails on the first page then you obtain a commission. But some require them to finish a Complete Register or authenticate email (Double Opt-in). By that mean, you must consider your ability to select suitable offers.
CPA networks often have two noted payment modalities, Paypal and Payoneer. Besides, there are Bankwire and Check. But I believe Payoneer is simplest and instant. CPA networks will deliver your commission every week or on the 15th or 30th of every month. They also require a certain minimal earning to be delivered. You can go to FAQ of each network to be specifically explained.
Peerfly, for example, ask the minimum balance to be $50 or more.
Some efficient advertisement methods
- Build a website: you should know how to build a website to advertise services/products by blogging reviews, running advertisements, etc.
- Build a landing page: if a good offer does not have the proper landing page, you should build a landing page yourself for that offer. For me, I always use Thrive Landing Page to build ones.
- SEO: is the best method for people who have a lot of money that want to earn money with affiliate marketing or CPA.
- Paid traffic: you should choose paid traffic if you have a lot of money. And choose high-commission offers to run Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, etc. There is no common advertisement running methods, it all depends on what types of offers, which ad networks should be chosen, doing A/B testing, increasing ROI, decreasing fees.
- Email Marketing: I usually use Getresponse or Activecampaign for email marketing strategies. In some special fields, I make customer lists, create relationships between them and advertise products effectively through emails.
One more thing, I do not suggest you use blackhat or fake information to self-register through your own link. Because tracking systems of CPA networks are intelligent and your account will be banned immediately.
The information I gave you above is very satisfactory, now you can search for CPA networks and start working with them. For newbies, I always think it is wise, to begin with, affiliate marketing to forge your very first EMO skills.
Any problem with CPA, please leave a comment.