As I promised you to come back, this article of the special series will continue to show you the next steps of building a marketing strategy on Instagram.
Set Up A Clear Guide For Your Team On Type, Publishing & Workflow
A consistent voice on social media is key to building your brand as well as a key to building on Instagram’s marketing strategy, and on a visual background like Instagram, the demand for Aesthetics is more closely examined. Even if a person is responsible for managing your Instagram account for your brand, you should also set up guidelines for the composition of your photos and videos, using filters and captions that will ensure that your content is on Instagram is part of a unified brand experience for your followers.
Create Instagram style guide
When publishing on Instagram, you have more choices to find out which filters are best. From visual elements to tagging places in your subtitles, advance planning lets you maximize the potential of each feature and function on Instagram.
A style guide should outline your approach for each of the following categories:
- Brand aesthetic: Look at the visual manifestations of your brand such as logo, website, image, and other collateral. In short, this section says you should have a consistent brand identity.
- Composition: Not every social media marketer is a photographer, and taking pictures for Instagram and for cell phone users must be a learned skill. Although you can now publish your landscape or portrait images to Instagram, each section of the content will display as thumbnails in your profile. Identify your approach to some of the basic elements of the component to create image harmony when users look at your profile:
- Image gap
- Color Mix
- Image title
MailChimp is an example of a well-defined branded aesthetics company, perfect image composition and consistency. Photos, videos, and GIFs use a simple background with a dominant color, allowing the subject to stand out.
- Using Filters, Lux & Creative Tools: Instagram offers many ways to edit photos and videos. Review the filters and effects to pick out a few that match your brand and ensure the content matches the visual.
For image editing, you also have the option to apply Lux or use creative tools. Lux (the sun symbol) adjusts the contrast and saturation of the image. The tool (wrench icon) allows you to adjust brightness, contrast, colors and more. To edit the video, you can select a filter, crop the content, and select the specific cover image that will display in the New Feed.
- Caption: The approach to writing subtitles on Instagram with subtitles is limited to 2,200 characters, and subtitles are truncated with an ellipsis after three lines of text. While some users ignore annotations, others reach out by sharing in the form of a microblogging and writing a short story to accompany each post. Be sure to include the most important part of your content in the first three lines, even if you choose a long note. If you need any inspiration, Instagram is full of ideas for writing creative subtitles.
Like all aspects of style, consistency is the key. Your copying guidelines should include acceptable excerpts if you plan to use emoticons and hashtags (and how many are used in a given post), and your policies around mentioning other users.
- Hashtag: Hashtags allow Instagram users to discover content and account for tracking, so using them is a great way to connect with new followers and increase engagement on your posts. Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags with each post or comment, so decide on whether your brand should use them, and how much to use in a typical article and whether you want to generate brand hashtag by tagging it with your theme content. And note that 7 out of 10 hashtags on Instagram are about a brand.
To build an effective Instagram marketing strategy, take the time to capture the current hashtag trends in the Instagram’s Explore and Search tabs to see what people are talking about and look for brand opportunities by taking part in relevant conversations. Although you previously planned for all of your social networking posts, participating in trending chats is a good way to connect with new users.
- Add to Photo Map: The Add to Photo Map feature is another way to increase interactivity and allow new users to discover your content. Posts with a higher interactive location are 79% compared to posts without a place. For organizations that use Instagram in the field of travel, events, or to promote destinations, geotagging is a particularly useful feature.
- Tag People: If you tag other members in a post, it will show up on their profile in the Photos of User section. You can use this feature to tag personal or brand highlights in your posts and users will be able to touch your images to view and click on the tag.
- Social Sharing: Instagram allows you to connect your profile to your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr and Swarm accounts and automatically post your images to those social networks. You can also create Instagram IFTTT recipes to automatically share your photos on Slack channels, like Facebook albums or on Twitter.
Determine whether you want to cross-post or promote your content this way. If cross-posting is an important part of building your Instagram marketing strategy, make sure that anyone managing your Instagram account has access to the linked accounts on the Instagram. They need to check the connection.
- Use Landscape: Clean, trimmed and professional Instagram photos are essential to your business. Now you can use the Landscape tool to change the image size, typical sprout guy – https://sproutsocial.com/landscape is OK. This free tool makes it easy to resize, cut and scale your social network images on all platforms.
CHECK OUT THIS TOOL Storymate
Identify the members and roles of the group
Your main communication manager will certainly be part of your Instagram marketing team as you develop your Instagram marketing strategy, but other team members can also contribute value. Depending on your group and goals, you can divide responsibility for creating and publishing content, managing communities, exploring and analyzing, and assigning them to team members with different strengths.
For organizations that require message approval before publishing, set up a clear process for creating and reviewing content. However, one thing to keep in mind is that the capture and sharing of moments in real time is part of Instagram’s purpose. When posting in live events, make sure your workflow is always on hold.
Accelerate The Speed Of Interaction And Set Up Guidelines For Community Management
From hosting the UGC to encouraging dialogue and building a community, Instagram offers huge potential for follower participation. If you continue to publish and skip the interaction, you’ll miss an opportunity to grow your content by interacting with your fans and reaching out to new users.
Optimize links and profiles
With a limit of 150 characters, your Instagram profile should focus on what matters most to your brand. Your profile is also a good place to educate users: Although users can not click on the hashtag in your profile (on mobile apps) in the way they can in captions including branding tag, informing users how to share and find content related to your brand.
Keep in mind that you can only include links in the Instagram profile, and only advertisers can share the link. If one of your goals is to drive traffic back to your site or blog, place the link in your profile and annotate it in each article using text like ‘link in profile’ in your caption.
Keep track of other accounts
What content do you want to store on Instagram? Keep an eye out for influencers in your field. That is part of building a marketing strategy on Instagram.
For example, if you are a clothing retailer, keep track of the top bloggers in the industry, which will help you capture interesting content and even find inspiration for your own posts. It helps establish the fundamentals around who will track and not track your brand, and you need to consider a few things: a personal account (the user must approve your request to track you), employee account, brand relevance, and suitability of content.
Manage comments, mentions, and direct messages
If your brand receives a large amount of interactivity on Instagram, it may be difficult to ensure that no notifications fall through the cracks. There are many Instagram management tools you can use.
For outstanding messages such as feedback requests, your team should have a plan in place to handle certain types of messages such as:
- Support or customer service inquiries
- Negative comments
- Potential customers
- Spam messages
- Certain messages may be requested on another platform
For example, it might be easier to address issues or support via live chat, phone or email. Use Bitly or Shorten Link to have a short link to remember relevant pages.
The common practice on Instagram is to mention other users in the caption, sometimes in comments aimed at drawing their attention to a certain image or video. If you get a notification that your brand is mentioned, it means that your brand is recognized by fans through like, comment, or interacting often.
Instagram Direct allows users to send photos or videos directly to anyone instead of publishing them on their photo repositories. If the user sends this type of message to your processing unit and you do not track them, the post will be in the queue where you can accept their request to review and respond to their post.
Follow hashtags & location tags
Another way to know who is talking about your brand, even if they do not mention you by tracking the brand hashtags. These tags often include your brand name and any common misspellings such as product name, service or event, and terms related to your organization.
You can not control who will use your brand hashtag, so some posts may be irrelevant. But following the conversation will help you interact with your followers who are sharing your brand.
Certain placements are important to your organization, such as your headquarters or event space, and regular placements will also help you identify which users are posting from those areas.
Once a location is tagged in a post, users can click on its name to see all the photos tagged there from the public account and the individual account they are following. It gives them an overview of all shared content from a given location.
Search and explore
Just like following a brand hashtag, you can also identify popular hashtags in your field to track the interaction and use it in your own posts. Join new chats related to your brand by searching for the results for the hashtag you use, then checking those tags used by those who share similar content.
Analyze Your Results
Keeping track of how your content works and the level of growth of your followers are also very important when building an Instagram marketing strategy. It allows you to adjust your marketing strategy on Instagram over time. This allows you to stream more content to your audience to help optimize your plans for future campaigns. When viewing the messages sent to you, analyzing the number of comments and likes received, as well as the interaction rate for each post, will show you how the different types of content perform. The engagement rate is the percentage of likes, plus comments on the post, divided by the number of account followers at the time the post was submitted.
According to other metrics, such as the overall follower count, the brand hashtag and location hashtag can tell you the results of your post-publication and your interactions in the effort. You can also use post performance data to evaluate other factors, such as the best time of day to interact with users. Many brands also use links to specific Instagram landing pages or to a specific UTM tag to track link clicks in their Instagram profiles. Instagram Analyzer can help you track user interaction, identify your top posts, discover influencers, and more.
As you develop and deploy Instagram brand marketing strategies, you will have to find what types of content you need, what workflows and interactive methods will work for you. Building your brand and developing the following on Instagram can be a challenge, but it’s a way to build on the right Instagram marketing strategy, you can tell a great story and encourage. to increase participation on this platform.
In this article series, I have provided a very detailed guide on how to build an effective Instagram marketing strategy and increase your brand awareness for Instagram users. If there is any problems, just let me know in the comment.
See you soon!
PREVIOUS ARTICLE: Building A Marketing Strategy On Instagram Effectively (Part 1)