In this article, we will learn specifically what Sendy is? What is Amazon SES? As well as the most objective evaluation of the Sendy email marketing software. Surely you already know what Email Marketing is, it is a great tool for anyone who does marketing at any time. Sendy is a software used to send emails through the Amazon SES.
What Is Amazon SES?
Amazon SES (Amazon Simple Email Service) is an SMTP server for high volume, low cost, and best-in-class email marketing ($0.1/1000 emails) with high-sending speed and especially convenient payment method. You just need to pre-charge the card like SIM phone, then based on how much mails you sent, Amazon will automatically deduct from the card, correspondingly.
What Is Sendy?
Sendy is an email marketing software that helps you send emails through the Amazon SES server at the cheapest cost today – $1/10,000 emails. You can visit the Sendy homepage HERE
I used to use many other email marketing services that are both free and paid as Mailchimp, Getresponse, Benchmark, VerticalResponse, Active Campaign, Sparkpost, etc.
Some recommended email marketing services:
- MailChimp: Free for mailing lists under 2,000 subscribers.
- Benchmark: Another similar service MailChimp, free 14,000 email/month for the list has less than 2,000 subscribers.
- iContact, GetResponse, Constant Contact: Similar to MailChimp, it also offers a limited amount of email/email list with modest email counts.
- Mandrill: Free than 10,000 emails per month. But after being bought by MailChimp, it was no longer free. This is an SMTP mail service and you will not be able to manage the subscribers’ list directly on your Mandrill
- Sendgrid: Still free 12,000 emails per month and this service is similar to Mandrill, not like MailChimp or Benchmark. Sendgrid can be used in conjunction with Sendy to save costs.
And many other services.
With the use of Email Marketing as an indispensable tool for making money online or more specifically Affiliate Marketing, choosing to stick to the long-term is important to me. Over the course of many services, I found Getresponse to be the best tool ever to experience the features, the best part is the ability to create landing page and email template.
Review About Sendy – A Cheap Email Marketing Software
The downside to many existing email marketing services is that your monthly email costs will increase dramatically as the number of subscribers grows. Sendy has helped me cut costs a lot more than I do, and now I’ve been using it for over a year.
With MailChimp, you will lose an $80 monthly fee to maintain a list of 10,000 subscribers. In contrast, when using Sendy, emails will be sent via Amazon SES. And of course the number of subscribers will not be limited, so it’s great to combine Amazon SES and Sendy.
Conditions To Use Sendy
Ok, so you understand what Sendy is and how it works. In short, for you to use Sendy to send emails through Amazon SES service, you should note the following:
- Sendy Software: Of course, you have to buy Sendy software to get started!
- Amazon SES Account: Registering an Amazon SES account will allow you to use Amazon’s services. After registering and waiting for confirmation from Amazon (including email limit) it takes several days to be done.
- Domain + hosting: You should know, Sendy will have the function Autoresponse, a function call may be considered the most worthy of Sendy with email marketing. That is a function that automatically handles a task through the guest action and through the preset of the email sender. For example, schedule an email. So there needs to be a hosting to run Sendy 24/24 which is not on our computer and needs a domain name for easy access to that hosting. You can use domain types like domain.com, sub.domain.com, domain.com/sendy.
Sendy Installation Instructions
Step 1: Config.php
- Open the file → includes/config.php in any text or code editor
- Set the compulsory settings (installation URL and MySQL credentials)
- Set the optional settings only if you need (MySQL port and character set)
Step 2: Upload Sendy
- Upload all files to your server.
- Make sure the .htaccess file from the main directory, is uploaded to your server as well (it may be hidden if you’re using a Mac).
Step 3: Set file permissions for uploads folder
Image, attachment and CSV uploads require the /uploads/ folder’s permission to be set to 777.
Step 4: Install Sendy
- Visit your Sendy installation. If you uploaded Sendy to http://yourdomain/sendy, visit this link to install. Note: If your installation page fails to load, visit http://your_sendy_installation_url/_compatibility.php?i=1 to see which extensions are not installed for PHP on your server and request your host to install it.
- Your License key is included in the email sent to you after you made your purchase.
- You’ll be asked to specify your Email and Password. These will be your login credentials for Sendy.
- You can fill in your AWS Access Key ID and AWS Secret Access Key later if you have not signed up for Amazon Web Services yet (we’ll cover this in the next step).
- Click the Install now button to proceed.
Step 5: Sign up for Amazon Web Services (AWS) & get your Access Credentials
- In order to use Amazon SES, you need to sign up for an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account.
- Visit Amazon Web Services (AWS) and sign up for an AWS account.
- Once signed up, you need to retrieve your ‘Access Credentials’ from your AWS account. These are the set of “keys” to allow Sendy to send emails via your Amazon SES account. Start by creating an IAM (Identity and Access Management) user in your IAM console.
- Click the Create New Users button.
- Type ‘sendy’ in the first field, then click the Create button.
- Copy your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key from the screen that follows and paste them in Sendy’s Settings > Amazon Web Services Credentials. Save your Settings in Sendy then return to your IAM console to close the credentials window.
- IMPORTANT: Do not skip the remaining steps, otherwise your quota will show up as zeros in Sendy.
You now need to ‘Attach Policy‘ to your Access Credentials to allow Sendy full SES access.
In your IAM console, click on ‘sendy‘.
In the next page, click on the ‘Permissions’ tab, then click the Attach Policy button.
Search for AmazonSESFullAccess, then click the checkbox next to the AmazonSESFullAccess item. Then click Attach Policy at the bottom of the screen.
You’ve successfully created your Access Credentials, saved it in Sendy and allowed Sendy full access to Amazon SES.